Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Gettin Stuff Done

So I think I've changed my focus a bit to "gettin stuff done" and "doin' stuff I like". I pulled out a model airplane that I started about 10 years ago. It's been sitting in a box in my closet since. I painted the parts but never assembled it. For the past several nights I've been assembling it step by step. It's a very cool project that requires patience and the willingness to do a little bit every night til I get it all together. It feels great to start completing something that has been sitting there saying "some day" to me for so long.
I also took apart and cleaned my binoculars. I got swamped by a wave that I didn't expect to reach me last weekend. My binoculars got flooded and full of sand. I like fixing things myself. I don't need to throw them out and get a new pair or pay someone an arm and a leg to fix them for me. It's like polishing silver - a little effort gives you a lovely shiny finish and a real sense of accomplishment. ;-)
I got an awesome deal on a used canoe today. It's in great shape and came with a nearly new 5-speed motor, life jackets, paddles, a deep cell marine battery and foam seats. What a steal!! Now we can go out on the water ourselves to get great bird and wildlife shots. Reminds me of canoeing with dad when we were young. I find that very comforting and I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment