Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 1 - Happy Birthday to me!!!

So today started day 1 of my transformation experiment.  I got a fine start this morning delving into the background research for my first meeting of the day, an issue of contention that needed to be resolved between 2 other parties.  Having done my homework completely, I felt I had every angle covered and was able to bring the situation to a successful understanding.  This is one of the things I do best and today I was at the top of my game.
For my birthday I was hashing back and forth on what I wanted to do - play a boardgame like Clue, go see a movie, play Wii bowling or watch something on TV.  None of it particularly called to me though I like doing all of those things.  What I did do was completely spontaneous.  I bought USDA prime steaks from Costco for dinner, a bottle of Trader Joe's reserve Cab, summer squash and red potatoes.  When I got home, Jenna insisted on making dinner for me.  I decided I wanted the setting to be superb so I brought out my mother's bone china, the crocheted lace tablecloth my grandmother made, my crystal candle sticks and the special hand blown wine glasses Cynthia and I bought on our first trip together 15 years ago.  If my birthday isn't a special occassion worthy of bringing out all our best, then what is? 
It was a beautiful dinner, cooked to perfection in the perfect setting.  We had a wonderful night of laughter, wonderful food and wine, beautiful music and a beautiful setting.  It could not have been more special or perfect in any restaurant.  Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment: