Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ouch!

OK, so now I remember why I stopped doing woodworking. ;-)  My tendonitis has flared up incredibly and I spent Tuesday in bed because my back hurt so badly.  I did work on my shadowboxes more today though only for about an hour.  Then we watched a very bizzarre movie "The Merry Gentleman" with Michael Keaton.
Again I noticed today that I don't feel obsessive about doing projects or reading now that I purposely devote time to it every day.  I have no trouble setting aside what I'm doing to attend to something else.  I didn't expect that out of this experiment.  It gives me a very definite sense of freedom that I didn't have before.  It's like being intentional about what I'm doing puts what I do completely back in my control.
Over the past few days I've been able to devote myself to completing several large deliverables and feeling like I did them well.  I didn't feel like I had to do them at the expense of something else I wanted to do either.  I was able to do both what I had to do for work and do things at home that I wanted to do.
Last night I spent the whole evening balancing my 2009 accounts in Quicken.  I have 2 more to do that will be exceptionally challenging, however the vast majority of my 2009 finances I have completely accounted for.  This is going to make doing my taxes so much easier and so much more complete.  Again, I feel like I've gained control somewhere that I didn't have it before.  While I was at it, I found a copy or Turbotax Personal & Business on ebid.com for less than $20.  That's over $50 cheaper than buying it through Amazon!!!  Score!!!!
My big insight for today is that by being intentional, I have control over not only what I do, but how I experience that as well as the quality of the outcome.  This is a very cool thing that I intend to explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment