Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Limoncello

Tonight I made limoncello for the first time.  I have a lemon tree in my backyard that has an abundance of ripe lemons on it now.  I thought I might deplete my supply in making the limoncello, but the fact is I hardly made a dent in what's out there and now I have a quart of lemon juice to freeze into ice cubes for later use and a hefty supply of Everclear soaking in lemon rinds for the next several weeks.  I can't wait to see how it comes out! :-)
I haven't posted in a few days. Bein' a real slacker ;-) It was a really good weekend. We went to the beach both days. We haven't done any day trips in a while. It was really nice to get back out there. I wasn't planning to out again on Sunday, and in the past I probably would have stayed home to do the things I felt I had to do - finances, housecleaning, etc. Instead I felt like I could just let go, be spontaneous and take another trip to the beach. During our travels on Sunday, I also spent my birthday money from dad. I got a planer from a guy in Aptos and a belt sander from a guy in Cupertino and I managed to do a little networking along the way. It was a very good day!! During the week I've been able to spend my evenings doing the things I had planned to do on Sunday. I was also able to knock off several deliverables at work that have been waiting for my time and attention. I have this notion that the more I let go, the more control I have over my life. Not only does it seem like I get more done, but I do more than I had planned, specifically not stuff work or chore related. Hmmmmm.... there's definitely something to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment