Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15

Okay, so I was slackin the last 2 days. I admit it.  Here's my grand question- how do you motivate yourself to do something with excellence when ya just feel tired and crappy? I had plans to do certain things that I needed to get done, but I just didn't have the focus, concentration or energy to do them.  I did the things I had to do, well enough to get by and keep things going, but it was such an effort.  I keep thinking that doing something with excellence doesn't have to be a work something.  It could be a home something.  But I just couldn't find anything that I could get into and do with anything more the averageness (Yes, I just invented that word).  I did manage to make a bunch of calls and follow up on a few things that have been on my list for months.  It did feel good to be able to cross off a few things.  I also finished my puzzle and my book, though I have to say it'seasy for me to escape into puzzles or books.  They both take me away from the drudgery of every day stuff.
Tonight however, I did get a bunch of stuff done, put the xmas stuff away, cleaned up the garage, and began building a black belt shadow box for a friend of mine. I hope to get it finished tomorrow if I can.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Baby steps! And, once you do one thing and get it off the list, your creativity flows. Look what you did here - chores led to more space which led to woodworking. That's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - Everything you described strikes me as MOST excellent! Just eliminating things that have been "on your list for months" is a huge accomplishment. Aileen said it very well. Excellence comes in degrees and the acceptance of "averageness" (I like that word!) is itself excellent!

    ReplyDelete